Friday 3 September 2010

Day 3: Technically day 3 and yesterday was actually Day 2

Welcome back... I still have 13 minutes left in Day 3 so I'm going to try to get it all out in these last few minutes.

Today was very productive although I got off to a late start.  I left the flat shortly before noon with a mission of getting to school, picking up a letter so that I can establish a bank account, buying comfortable walking shoes, etc.  So, I took the Tube to school and found it without a problem.  I was the only one in line at the Student Center so I got my letter pretty easily.  I went to a bank in Islington but the wait was too long, so I scheduled an appointment for tomorrow.

I went to the shopping district in Oxford Circus on a hunt for a cute, comfortable pair of walking shoes.  Unfortunately, this was mission unsuccessful.  I've got big fit in the USA and gigantic feet in Europe.  I didn't
find what I wanted, however, I did establish a bank account.

Tomorrow I'll go to the letting agency and officially establish myself as a resident.  Then I'll go get furniture and other house stuff for my room.  Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment